Wednesday, November 16, 2022

The backing -

 
 
For my Upstairs/Downstairs - Christmas Red and Green
 
Has been sewn together - 
 
And spread out on my bed - doubled - 
 
For another "size check" - 
 

It has been deemed sufficiently HUGE to accommodate both quilts -

Tomorrow I'll use it to measure and cut the batting - 

Since I splurged and got a big roll of batting - 

To quilt at least SOME of the tops hanging in my closet - 

I ordered a 96" x 30 yd roll of batting (on sale) - 
 
And it's in a box on the floor next to my bed - 
 
I want to slit the box and the plastic wrap - 
 
So that I can unroll it onto my bed - 
 
To measure out how much I need for my quilts - 
 
Silly me - 
 
I had thought that I could put the roll in the hammock - 
 
And unroll it from there - 
 
But the dang thing came FOLDED on a roll in the box - 
 
So that won't work -
 
I am NOT about to unroll 30 yards - unfold it -
 
Then re-roll it to fit in the hammock - 
 
So Plan B - 
 
Is "in a box on the floor next to my bed" - LOL  - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 

4 comments:

Kathy S. said...

Lucky you to get your big roll of batting on sale. I hope to find something online as a black Friday deal with free shipping. It's that time again to order batting. Ugh how the price of everything has gone up since I started seriously quilting about 13 or so years ago. Can't wait to see all the beautiful things you put your batting in!

Gene Black said...

I don't have a good place for a roll of batting like that. LOL.....probably just as well since I am not getting a lot done these days.

I think it might just be worth the time to unfold it and re-roll it so it can stay in the hammock.

Katie said...

So if its folded, can it still be called a "roll of batting"? Is it a "fold" of batting now? Seems like a silly way to package it, but I'm sure some genie (yes, genie - just a little short of a genius) had a good idea at some point... Glad the second insert finished that problem, though!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You wouldn't have had room to store a box 96" long so it is only logical that they fold it and roll it. You end up cutting twice this way, once the length you need and then unfolding, refolding the other way and trimming to the width you need. The biggest advantage to the roll is there are no fold marks to have to relax out like packaged batting has. I have so many trimmings about 18" - 20" wide so I need to spend a day matching up lengths and joining some together for baby quilts.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...