Wednesday, November 30, 2022

The last row -

 
 
For my Upstairs/Downstairs - Christmas Red -
 
Has been quilted - YAY!! - 
 
I took this photo before I started quilting it - 
But - trust me - it's done - 
 
 
I had some excess batting -
 
So I overcompensated for that part - 

 
And I had enough backing - 
 
So that wasn't a problem - 

 
But I had so much backing left -
 
That I wondered how close I got to the seam on the insert panel - 

 
About 3 inches - 
 
About as close as it could be without it being too close to the edge of the quilt - 
 
And I probably could have left out one of the insert panels - 
But all three panels sewn together measures 22" finished -
And the excess backing measures 20" before the zipper - 
So I couldn't have left it out entirely - 
 
 
Now I have some tidying up to do - 
 
I need to remove the zippers from the backing - 
 
And trim both quilts - 
 
And make some binding - 
 
And think about how I want to quilt the next ones - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 

3 comments:

Gene Black said...

It is nice that you got both of them quilted. Once you get them trimmed I would like to see the backs of them.

Do you have a plan for that leftover backing?

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Good for you!! Sticking with it is what counts. I need to follow your model and get some quilted.

Katie said...

Too much is WAAAAAY better than too little, trust me! I'm excited for another finish for you. I had a finish today, too, but it was 13 pillowcases. On to the next project for both of us!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...