Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Backing -

 
 
For the next two quilts is in the works - 
 
I decided to quilt two on the same backing again -  
 
Upstairs/Downstairs - Christmas Red
 
 
And - 
 
Upstairs/Downstairs - Christmas Green
 
 
These two quilts used the SAME jelly rolls - 
 
And I made the SAME strata sets - 
 
But I switched the RED MAIN diagonal for a GREEN one -
 
And reversed the order of the RED and GREEN strips - HERE

I like how different they look just by changing ONE element in the pattern -
 
Anyway - 
 
I chose a GREEN backing for both - 
Which my camera wants to make BLUE for some reason - 
 
And GREEN thread to match the backing - 
 
It will show a little on the front - 
But should blend in nicely on the back - 
 
 
I had to add a panel to make the backing long enough for both quilts - 

 
And I'll have to add a couple of panels to increase the width - 
 
Because I messed up when I placed my order -
 
And I came up short - 
 
Oh, well - it's not like I don't have a stash available - 
 
To solve the problem - LOL - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -
 

4 comments:

Cindy Quilts said...

I'm so glad your new setup is working so well for you. You are getting a lot done!

Gene Black said...

Fantastic! The two at a time seems to be working well for you. I will be curious to see what quilting designs you decide to use of these.

Linda Swanekamp said...

You are a brave woman. I think I would screw up loading such a long backing. Proud of all your progress!

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

So genius on how you switched up the colorway of the two quilts using the same jelly roll. I adore both of these festive tops! You've doe a fantastic job! Happy quilting! -Andrea

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...