Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Bigger bits -


Mint Chip is still on the design wall - ;))

I knew that I would have to press the vertical blocks one way -
And the horizontal blocks another way to get them to nest nicely -

So before I started making the "extra" blocks -
I spent some time arranging the blocks on the wall -

I needed the final layout -
BEFORE I pressed all of the blocks - ;))

I re-arranged them until I just got tired of moving them around -
Seems like if I moved one - I moved four more - LOL -

Then I left holes for the missing blocks -

Pressed them all -

And made two 16-patch blocks as "spacer/filler" blocks -



It took me a while to figure out how to sew and press them -

So they would nest nicely with those next to them -

Then I tried Gene's idea of sewing two 4-patches together with a batik rectangle -

And liked the effect VERY much - THANKS, GENE!! -


I decided where I wanted the rectangles -

Cut them all and put them up on the wall -


Then I made the filler 4-patches and each block one at a time -

Checking the seam "nesting" as I went along -

I think they blend in nicely -


And now it's ready to be "webbed" -


I know I could probably get it done before I go to bed tonight -

But I'm tired -

And in no hurry -

So I'll play with it again tomorrow -

And might get my first flimsy for August done before long - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



5 comments:

Katie said...

It looks great! And like the other one, you'd never know it wasn't planned that way!

Frog Quilter said...

A nice soothing top. The colors are “just right “.

Gene Black said...

OOOH, nice. I am glad my idea worked so well. In the final picture they blend right in and you can't tell it wasn't the original design. I had to "hunt for them."

This is going to be such a pretty flimsy.

Cindy Quilts said...

That looks great! Like Frog Quilter said, very soothing.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Great fix to get a larger quilt from the blocks and scraps.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...