Tuesday, August 25, 2020

What if -


I made another Upstairs/Downstairs top using a different sort of jelly roll? - ;))

The Meredith - by Robert Kaufman - jelly roll -

Was a beautiful blend of PURPLE and GREEN -


And made one beautiful top -


But what if I made one using this jelly roll? -

Gleaned - © Carolyn Friedlander - Robert Kaufman -

I wonder what that would look like -

I wonder if it would look as good -

Or not - LOL - ;))


I have two rolls in my stash - so I have the 80 strips that I need -
And I can make the same 48 blocks - 6 x 8 layout - 60" x 80" -

But the number of "same" color strips is different in this set -

Some of the strips are singles - the ones in the top row -
And some of the strips are doubles - the ones in the bottom row -


I need 8 "dominant" center diagonals from each roll -

So I pulled out these four "doubles" -


Value-wise - they are some of the darker ones -

So it should work -


I doubt that it will be as beautiful as Upstairs/Downstairs - Meredith -
There's just something about PURPLE and GREEN - LOL -

But it might not be that bad and I might be pleasantly surprised -

There's really only one way to find out -

And that's to give it a try -

So that's the plan -

Let's see what this puppy is going to look like - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



6 comments:

Gene Black said...

Have a go at it. It will not be as "sweet and pretty" as the other one. It will be more colorful with a different energy.

Barbara said...

It’s so much fun to be surprised. I say go for it!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Rarely can something be duplicated unless you use the same fabric. However, the same song played on a different instrument has a whole other mood and interpretation. Go for it!

Katie said...

I don't think you'll get the definition like with the purple and green, but it will be beautiful just the same. And maybe I'll be wrong about that definition, too. Looks like you're on your way to proving my theory right or wrong. (And like a good scientist, I'm open to either option, as long as the results are come by honestly!)

Sue said...

Go for it! It'll look great.

Jeanna said...

Only one way to really tell...go for it ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...