Sunday, August 23, 2020

Tweaking -


The layout of my Upstairs/Downstairs - Meredith top - ;))

First I tried grouping the same blocks together - diagonally -

Four for one "big block" with the other two as part of the next block -


OK - but I didn't like the big GREEN center in that one on the left -


So I moved some around -


And then some more -

I liked the strong PURPLE diagonal on this one -
But I didn't like the "rectangle" looking thing in the bottom left corner -


So I moved some more around again -

And moved the PURPLE diagonal down one row on this one -

But then I didn't like the top right corner -


So I moved some more -

And I didn't like that either -


So I moved some more -

But still didn't like that top right corner -


Then I moved some more -

And I think this is as good as it's going to get -

I have the PURPLE diagonals -
And the dark GREENs are spread out pretty well -

So I'm calling this the FINAL layout -

It will have one more column -
And two more rows -

So the final flimsy will look a bit different -
But it should be OK - ;))



Now I need to sketch out the block sequence -
And number the block sets -

Then web it together -

Maybe I can get the flimsy done for my post tomorrow -

In the meantime -

Here's another photo of my gorgeous PURPLE/LAVENDER roses -

This one is much more true in color - ;))




Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



7 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

I like the results of moving the blocks around. That color purple is luscious yum!

Barbara said...

Yes! The one you picked. 😄

Gene Black said...

Interesting how many layouts you got with it. I think the rectangle thing was interesting, but it needed to be "matched" on the other side of the diagonal row.

I do like your final layout.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Wow. Lots of moving around. I like it. Will the other blocks change the look and possibly more moving around? There is probably no rush to web it, maybe it should marinate in your mind a bit more. The fabric is oh-so-lovely.

Katie said...

It looks great! It seems like this came together quickly, but just seeing once-a-day progress reports can be misleading that way! I'm excited to see the final top. And your roses are beautiful!

Gail said...

I really like your final layout. I dont know about other quilters, but one of my quilting goals is to have balance. I wonder how many other quilters have this same goal. This would be a fun coffee meetup conversation.🙂 Lovely quilt, so soft looking, just like flowers.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

This is one that definitely could be laid out many ways but I think your final one is good. Those roses are beatiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...