Friday, August 14, 2020

Hmmm -


My Upstairs/Downstairs - Meredith blocks -

Look like they are all the same size -

When I stack them like this -


And when I stack them like this -


But if one block is going vertically (top) -

And one is going horizontally (bottom) -


The block on the bottom looks about 1/4" larger -


The blocks measure 10-1/2" top to bottom - which is correct -

But the dang things look like they are 1/4" too narrow -

So I guess it's back to the drawing board -

Unless it's not my sewing -

And I just didn't press them properly -

I'll try to figure it out tomorrow -

Right now - I'm tired -

And I'm hungry -

And that's not a good combination -

When I'm trying to figure something out - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



4 comments:

Barbara said...

Stil beautiful!

Cindy Quilts said...

Oh, no! I hope you figure it out.

Gene Black said...

That is odd. Be sure and post about what you find out. I am curious as to what went "wrong."

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I occasionally have blocks come out a little narrower after seaming the other direction too. Sometimes just a little more steam pressing will fix it. If not you can easily ease in 1/4" in the length of the seam where 2 blocks join.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...