Monday, August 3, 2020

Sidetracked - again -


This morning I played with Mint Chip -

Before I got sidetracked -

I folded and pinned the two BLUE/GREEN batiks up on the design wall -
As "spacer" blocks -


They don't look that bad -


And I really like this one -


But this one - not so much -


So I tried another one - with some PINK in it - just for fun -


And didn't like it at all -

Maybe for a border -
But this won't have a border -
So I looked for some other ones in my stash -


And found a few more possible maybes -
And the left over "ends" from the jelly roll strips -


Tomorrow I'll try to decide if I want to make more "regular" blocks -
Or some 4-patches with the left overs and/or the new batiks -

Or something else that won't look as "clunky" as the big plain blocks -
And that will blend in with the other blocks -

Or some combination of the above -

After I call the plumber -
To check/fix/replace the kitchen faucet -
That decided to start leaking for no apparent reason -

Clearing out under the kitchen sink -
And checking for possible water damage -
Which I didn't find - thankfully -

Was enough to "sidetrack" me for a while - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



4 comments:

Katie said...

Oh no! Glad there was no water damage, but doggone it, how annoying. I hope the fix is quick and inexpensive and you can get back to quilting soon.

Gene Black said...

I like the idea of more pieced blocks since you don't need many.

Have you tried removing the aerator from the faucet? Usually you can do it by hand. Once in a while some "trash" from a line repair somewhere will get in it and cause a leak, removing the aerator and running the water before replacing it can help.
But more likely you just need the cartridges replaced, which is usually pretty easy.

Frog Quilter said...

Hope your faucet gets fixed soon. Don’t forget to have some playtime with your fabric lol.

Cindy Quilts said...

Hope the leaky faucet is a quick and easy fix.
I like the same lighter blue batik that you do if you decide to do big blocks. But, since you have 2 1/2 inch strips making more pieced blocks might be the better option. I'm sure whatever you choose will look great.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...