Sunday, August 9, 2020

The first strata -


For Upstairs/Downstairs - Meredith - came together nicely - ;))


I love being able to look at old posts -

Like this one - HERE -

Where I document what I did and how I did it -

It certainly helps not to have to remember all of the little details -
Or "reinvent the wheel" -
When I want to make another of something I have already done -

So after refreshing my memory -

The first block came together nicely, too -


I sewed both of the first two strata -

Cut all of the segments -
Sewed my "tubes" -
And matched them up -

So I'll get six identical blocks -


There are only four variations in the strata -

And I probably should switch some of them up -

But I want to keep a dark purple as the "central diagonal" -

So I can always turn one set of three "upside-down" for a different look -

And if I use the other jelly roll and make the larger size top -

I can switch up the strips when I sort those strata -

To get a little more variety in these beautiful blocks - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



4 comments:

Gene Black said...

I do like that rich dark purple as the diagonal stripe. Since all the others are a lighter value it will really make it pop.

Barbara said...

I’m loving these colors! This step pattern was the first quilt I ever made. OMG, decades ago! It will be stunning!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Looking good. It is nice that there is variety in the values of the strips.

Barb said...

I looovvve that fabric!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...