Sunday, August 2, 2020

New month -


New projects -

Well - semi-"new" -

Sometimes if I hold onto something for a LOOOOONG time -

It seems "new" again when I "rediscover" it - LOL - ;))

Mint Chip has been a UFO for a while -

Seems like I made these blocks way back in June 2013 - HERE -

The blocks are beautiful batiks -

Luscious BLUES - GREENS - BROWNS -


I knew that I wanted to do a layout similar to Citrus Chips -
6 x 8 layout - 48 blocks -
Approximately 48" x 64" -

I used the same pattern -
So I knew that I would be 8 blocks short -
And would need a "spacer" block fabric to fill in the "holes" -

So I auditioned a couple of batiks that I had in my stash -

This one didn't quite "go" with them - but it was a possible maybe -
If I couldn't find something "better" -


This next one has too much PINK and ORANGE to suit me -


But these two were more on the BLUE - GREEN - side -

So looked like a better choice -


I auditioned them with another block in the middle of the stack -

And they look pretty good -

The one on top is a bit on the "dark side" - LOL -
But I can get 5 blocks from the other one -
And three "darker" blocks shouldn't be that bad -


So - I put the blocks that I had up on the design wall -

In no particular order -

Just rotated them - horizontal - vertical - horizontal - vertical - etc. -


I LOVE the colors in this one!! -


Tomorrow I plan to cut the "spacer" blocks -

And play with the layout a bit -

See if those "spacer" blocks work - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



3 comments:

Gene Black said...

I love all the fabrics you auditioned but the bottom two look a lot more like they would "go" with the blocks.
It will be interesting to see when you fill in the gaps.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The blues look like a good possibility

Jeanna said...

I like where this one is going. Blues are one of my favorite colors :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...