Saturday, August 29, 2020

New stuff -


While I'm sorting stuff -

And trying to get myself organized -

I got together some other stuff to play with when I want to take a "break" -

In addition to the Gleaned - jelly roll -
Gleaned - © Carolyn Friedlander - Robert Kaufman -



All sorted - and ready to sew into strata -



I dug out another pair of jelly rolls -

Robert Kaufman Winter's Grandeur - ©Studio RK -
I got the "Champagne Duplicates" version - no longer available -



Sorted them into 8 different sets -


And rolled them up for another batch ready to sew into strata -


Then - I got some new toys from Joanns -

Canson - XL Watercolor Paper Pad - 9" x 12" -
Item 10985547 -


Learn Watercolor Pencil Techniques Now! Kit -
Item #6021059 -


Crayola 24 ct. Watercolor Pencils -
Item 12849709 -



The Kit has 6 pencils - a paint brush - pencil sharpener -

A 32 page lesson booklet and a pad of 12 practice sheets - ;))


I was inspired by my friend Barbara -

And since I have NO idea what I'm doing -

I'll just start at the beginning - ;))

I don't want to share the "how-to" -

That's not fair to the artist/author -

But I can/did link to the stuff I got -

And I can show the results -

And hopefully learn something and have fun at the same time - ;))

Then BOB wants to know where I'm going to find the time -

To play with this when I have "chores" to do -

BOB can be such a pain!! - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



4 comments:

Barbara said...

I think you have more jelly rolls than anyone I know. They will make great flimsies, as always. If I had taken on a project with watercolor pencils in a kit like yours, I may have had better success. I can’t wait to see how it all works for you. All you need is some time to devote to it. Taking it one step at a time, like with a pattern, will help a lot. Most of all, I hope you have fun!

Gene Black said...

I am interested to see how your work with the watercolor pencils comes along. I don't think I have ever used them as the only medium in a painting. I usually use them to add to something else.

Frog Quilter said...

The chores will be there when you get your creativity fix. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it lol.

Sue said...

As Pippi Longstocking said "I have never tried that before, so I definitely think I should be able to do that". The chores aren't going anywhere.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...