Monday, August 24, 2020

Webbed -


Since the corner design wall in my studio is slightly larger than 50" x 60" -

It only holds 5 columns and 6 rows of 10" blocks -

Not all 48 (6x8) - 10" blocks for Upstairs/Downstairs - Meredith - ;))

I was hoping that the extra column and rows -

Would work out "in real life" as well as they did in my head -

So after I had the columns webbed -

But before I sewed those long vertical seams -

I had to check that top right corner -

And it looked good to me - Whew! - ;))


When it was all sewn - I gave it a good pressing -

I love how the seams are so easy to press when they nest so nicely -


And then I took it to the kitchen to lay it out for its glamour shots -

Ta Dah!! -




That top right corner looks fine -


And the bottom left corner matches the top right corner -

For a nice "balance" -


The bottom right corner looks good, too -


It even looks good upside-down - LOL - ;))


Now I'm "between" projects again -

And right back where I was a couple of weeks ago -

Except that now I have one more flimsy on the Mountain To Be Quilted -

Maybe it's time to tackle that pile - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -




8 comments:

Cindy Quilts said...

It's beautiful!

Katie said...

Tackling the Mountain to be Quilted sounds like a good idea, but I'm never quite happy enough about it to DO it, so no judgement from me about what you choose! The top looks great and those missing rows fit in just fine.

Gene Black said...

That is indeed beautiful, Ma'am. I love the way you have the corners matching. Everything about it is just great.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Just a super job on a super quilt. I can't believe you have it all sewn! The colors and fabric are a dream. Every quilt you get better and better.

Barbara said...

I ADORE this one! The colors and the design have my heart. It’s stunning!!

Jeanna said...

Oh yes! This is a beauty. Those perfectly pressed seams are even a joy to look at :)

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love it! Beautiful! Last blooms of summer in their glory.

Sue said...

It's a gorgeous top. Haha@ Mountain to be Quilted.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...