Thursday, March 10, 2022

All sorted -

 
 
I had thought that I might try for a "pattern" - 
 
Instead of a "random" arrangement in the blocks -  

For my Antique Squirrel - BIG BROTHER version
 
But when I counted the ones with "white" corners - 
 
There weren't enough for a pattern anyway - 
 
So "random" won - LOL -

And today I sorted the "units" - 

Into piles for the blocks - 
 
First the Square-in-a-square units - 
 
Four piles of 25 - 
 
 
And the bar units- 
 
Matching sets of two - 
 
So there is "some" cohesiveness in each block - 

 
Then I pinned the parts for one block -
 
So all I have to do is grab one of each type - 
 
And it will be as random as I can get - 

 
To "test" my approach - 
 
I pulled the parts for two blocks - 
 
And put them up on the design wall - 


I wasn't particular as to how I oriented them on the wall - 
 
Except for arranging the matching bar units - 
 
On either side of the center square - 

And they are bound to get jumbled up a bit - 

As I assemble the blocks - 

So that will help with the "randomness" - 

At least I hope so - LOL -
 
What do you think?  ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 


4 comments:

Gene Black said...

Ooooh, nice. I think this one is going to be a winner! I love the way those colors play together.

Barbara said...

Good choice, I think. There’s enough going on without trying for a pattern. Love the fabrics!

Barb said...

First of all, you are so organized... and I do love those blocks.

Jeanna said...

Sounds like you have a nice plan and I love these blocks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...