Sunday, March 20, 2022

Glamour shots -

 
 
My Antique Squirrel - BIG BROTHER version
 
Quilt top has been sewn together - 
 
And pressed - 
 
It came out to 72" x 90" - 
 
And is bigger than the floor space between my cabinets - 
 
So the left side is folded over/scrunched up a bit -  

But it's a top - 

Ta Dah!! - ;))
 
Top left corner - 

 
Top right corner - 

 
Right middle - 

 
Right bottom - 

 
Left middle - 

 
Left bottom - 

 
Middle - 

 
And upside down - 

 
I like the optical illusion - 

That makes it look like the block is made - 

With the four Square-in-a-square units - 

And the bar units are the sashing - 

With another Square-in-a-square unit - 

As the cornerstone - 
 
At least - that's what I saw - 
 
When I first saw the original antique quilt  - 
 
Until I realized that the block was made like this -
 

It's much easier to assemble this way - 

And is set block-to-block - 

With no sashing at all - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 


6 comments:

Cindy Quilts said...

It's a lovely quilt!

Gene Black said...

I love it, but I was pretty sure I would already. That is a very nicely sized quilt too.

I love the illusion of four-patches with sashing and cornerstones.

Barbara said...

Wow, this really works and congratulations! I especially like the various shades of tans/browns with blues. It is stunning, Kitty!

Katie said...

Beautiful, though in my mind it needs a little more hairspray and blue eye shadow to be true glamour shots! It does have an optical illusion with the block placement, but that just adds to the interest. Are you quilting it yet?!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Just fabulous finish! Ingenious piecing.

Jeanna said...

This turned out really pretty. I love everything about it...fabrics, colors, block construction and layout!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...