Wednesday, March 30, 2022

More ditch quilting - and a sewing tip -

 
 
More of the same - 

Ditch quilting on my Antique Squirrel - BIG BROTHER version-

 
And - because that is probably getting boring - 
 
I thought I would add a link to a video of a handy tip - 
 
That you may or may not know -
 
The Correct Way to Use a Seam Ripper (with the Red Ball)
Cucicucicoo - Eco Sewing and Crafting - 
 


I don't know about you - 

But I learned that a LONG time ago - 
 
When I got my first seam ripper - 

Then - through the years - I forgot all about it - 

And have been doing it the HARD way for years - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 

4 comments:

Gene Black said...

I already knew that too. I do that most of the time. However, I have cut the fabric a few times. The seam ripper is sharper than you think.

Jeanna said...

Yep, that's the way I do it but there are times when I still manage to cut into a section I didn't intend to. Thanks for sharing :)

Barbara said...

Same here, I manage to cut the fabric no matter how I do it. So I’m happy to take my time.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm with the majority here. I have used that method and cut my fabric accidentally. I think there is more to the tip on exactly what angle you have to hold the ripper but maybe that just comes with experimentation and practice.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...