Wednesday, March 9, 2022

There -

 
 
Yesterday - 
 
I was almost there - 

Almost to the point - 

Where I could start laying out the blocks -
 
Today - 
 
I'm there - ;))
 
I finished cutting the "bar" units - 
 
For my Antique Squirrel - BIG BROTHER version
 
 
And put a possible first block - 
 
On the design wall - 


I have two each of the "bar" units - 

Cut from the same strip set - 

And multiple Square-in-a-square units - 

With the same color "corner" - 

I could try for some "patterns" - 

Or I could try for "random" - 

I'll play a little - 

Before I decide which way I want to go - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 


 


5 comments:

Katie said...

Woo hoo! It's always nice to go from trimming back to sewing (or deciding on a layout). The fabrics are very pretty and I'm wondering how random you'll be able to go?!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Because of the variety in the batiks, I think random might look fresher instead of forcing the matching ones together. But then, I am all the way across the country and not seeing them in person,

Gene Black said...

I like the idea of a random layout for it. That way if you can't always "get" the pattern it doesn't look like a mistake.

Jeanna said...

I vote random, not that you asked LOL. I love this block so much!

Barbara said...

I’m loving this block that I can now see more easily! I’ve been looking at the original 30s quilt with this block hand sewn by a young girl for years on my quilt rack, and it’s hard to discern the outline of the actual block. It’s been more work than I imagined, but now I see it easily. It will be an amazing quilt no matter which layout!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...