Monday, June 12, 2023

A little cutting -

 
 
And I had some new corner triangles ready - 
 
For my Opal KaBloom
 
I had previously made some muslin ones - 
 
But decided to make "blendy" ones instead - 
 
From some scrap backing fabric - 
 
 
I folded them so that each corner would "read" correctly - 
 
And I'll attach them to the back corners when I sew on the binding - 

 
Next - 
 
I pulled out the RED "wide back" -
 
For my Upstairs/Downstairs - Marigold
 
And tore that down to size - width-wise -

 
It still needs to be pressed - 
 
And the zippers basted to the top and bottom selvage edges - 
 
Before I can load it on the quilting frame - 

 
Then I stitched the binding to the back - 
 
Of my Imperial Bargello


Maybe tomorrow I can do the "join" - 

Then stitch it to the front side - 
 
And add the label to finish it off -

By the way - 
 
I decided to load my Upstairs/Downstairs - Marigold next - 
 
Instead of one of the "older" ones - 
 
For two simple reasons - 
 
1 - I already had the RED "wide back" for it and only needed to tear it down to size - press it - and add the zippers - which should be pretty quick - 
 
2 - I can use the same thread on top - Finesse - Thicket Brown - that I used for my Imperial Bargello - it should blend nicely with all of the YELLOW/ORANGE/RED - and then wind some RED bobbins - and - bonus - I know the tension will be OK - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 

3 comments:

Gene Black said...

The Opal KaBloom is still my favorite thing you have done with the longarm. I hope you are going to hang it in your home.

It is nice that you have the backing chosen for "Marigold."

Linda Swanekamp said...

You certainly have some specific plans to move on! Keep going.

Frog Quilter said...

Great progress!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...