Saturday, June 24, 2023

Longarming -

 
 
If you had told me a year ago - 
 
That I would be playing with a longarm today -
 
I would not have believed you - 
 
I was happily making a bunch of quilt tops -  
 
And hanging them in the closet - 

Not worrying one teensy little bit - 
 
About if or when they would ever get quilted -
 
AND THEN - 
 
Last summer (August) I got an email regarding a sale for a frame
 
And fell down a rabbit hole - 
 
Since then I have had a GREAT time with my new toys - 
 
When I first got my Q'nique 15PRO - 
(Which is no longer available - replaced by the Q'nique 16X Series) - 
 
And the Q-Zone Hoop Frame - 4-1/2 ft. wide - 
 
I played with a "Practice Quilt" and then quickly quilted 4 more quilts - 
 
Sorry - Blogger decided which photo went where - 
The frame is on the bottom left -
 
#1 - Practice Quilt - bottom right -
#2 - Red/White/Blue "Cheater" Panel - 40" x 40" - middle right -
#3 - An old UFO - Red/White/Black - 48" x 48" - upper left -
#4 - I Used To Be Placemats - 42" x 44" - bottom middle
#5 - Antique Squirrel - 72" x 90" - upper right - 

 
While I was wrestling with the larger quilt - Antique Squirrel - 72"x 90" - 
I decided to upgrade to the Q-Zone Queen Frame - an 8-1/2 ft. frame - 
So I could quilt an entire row in one pass without having to "re-hoop" the quilt -
I knew that I had a bunch of Upstairs/Downstairs quilt tops at 60" x 80" - 
And thought that the larger frame would work MUCH better with those -
And it does - so I'm glad that I upgraded when I did - 
 
When I got the new frame - I quilted another eight before the end of 2022 -  
 
#  6 - Upstairs/Downstairs - Wild Things - 60"x 80" - top middle - 
#  7 - Simply Woven - 60" x 60" - bottom left - 
#  8 - Halloweenie Interweave - 48" x 56" - middle left - 
#  9 - Upstairs/Downstairs - Christmas Green - 60" x 80" - bottom middle - 
#10 - Upstairs/Downstairs - Christmas Red - 60" x 80" - top left - 
#11 - Big & Bold - 62" x 86" - middle right - 
#12 - Woof & Whiskers - TT - Confetti - 48" x 60" - bottom right - 
#13 - Woof & Whiskers - Jiffy Jelly - 48" x 60" - top right - 
 
The center one is the Antique Squirrel that was really too big for the other frame -
 
 
In January 2023 I played with -
 
#14 - Opal KaBloom panel - bottom right - 

Which included two small 4" squares - bottom left and right middle - 
A small beige/white flower - 10" x 10"' - top right -
And a medium sized white/blue flower - 15" x 15" - top left - 
 
They were fun to quilt - but aren't really 4 separate quilts - 
More like 2 mug rugs and 2 pillow tops - 
So I'll just count them as one - 
I'll count the large pink flower as a separate one when I get there - 

 
Then I played with a few more tops - 
 
#15 - Noah's Ark - 36" x 42" - middle right -
#16 - Bee Happy - 36" x 44" - bottom center - 
#17 - Opal KaBloom - Pink Flower - 26" x 26" - bottom right - 
#18 - Red Squirrel - 46" x 57" - top right - 
#19 - Imperial Bargello - 60" x 80" - middle left - 
#20 - Happy Trails - 32" x 40" - bottom left - 
#21 - Upstairs/Downstairs - Pastel Brights - 60" x 80" - center - 
#22 - Upstairs/Downstairs - Marigold - 60" x 80" - top left -

 
Between my U/D - Pastel Brights and U/D - Marigold I had tension issues - 
But I think I have those resolved now -
And - because of those - I un-sewed and re-quilted my Imperial Bargello
Maybe I should count that one twice - but I won't - LOL -
 
Anyway - that's 22 quilted since I got my new longarm set-up - 
Some are obviously smaller than others - but there are some at 60" x 80" -
 
Next up is - 

#23 - Upstairs/Downstairs - Winter's Grandeur - 60" x 80" -
 
 
And - according to my list - 

I have another 32 tops in the closet - 
 
Waiting their turn to be quilted - 

Maybe - if I get on a roll - 

I can finish a bunch of them -

Before the end of the year - 
 
And - YES - I said 32 -
 
I'll post the list tomorrow - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 

4 comments:

Gene Black said...

32? Thirty two???? I suppose I can relax about the six or so I have "waiting."

Linda Swanekamp said...

Omigosh, I had no idea how many you had done! You made the rabbit hole big enough to drive a dump truck through. You have come so far and wide in quilting. Congratulations! Go celebrate this accomplishment!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love this post! Wow, that is even more than I thought you had finished.

Katie said...

We're not going to talk about how many I have waiting, okay? But if you got nearly half your backlog done in a year, that means in another year you could be mostly caught up. If you want to. It's your hobby. Do what you want.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...