Sunday, June 18, 2023

Off the frame -

 
 
My Upstairs/Downstairs - Marigold is off the frame - 
 
And the zippers have been removed - 
 


 
I was asked about the tension - 
 
It looks OK to me -

 
And I didn't list "Choose the next one to quilt" as a step yesterday - 
 
Because I already did that - 
 
I chose my Upstairs/Downstairs - Winter's Grandeur
 

Because I found a VERY pretty backing for it - 
 
It has the same CREAM/WHITE/GOLD/SILVER - and is large scale - 
 
So I think it will work nicely - 
 

It even has some Holly leaves - 
The color in the photo above is more "true" -
This one looks bluish - and it's not -  
 
 
Now to get the first one trimmed - 
 
And the next one loaded - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 

4 comments:

Gene Black said...

It appears that you have tamed the tension monster. The quilting looks good.
I think that backing looks perfect for the Winter's Grandeur quilt.

Katie said...

The tension does look good. I hope that means you're just back to tweaking and no more overhauls. And I'm with Gene - that background for the next quilt is perfect!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Thanks for sending the tension goblins across the country. I spent 4 hours yesterday trying to get a looser tension, tried everything- thread, bobbins, needles, etc and used up a whole practice piece and did lots of ripping. The baby quilt was supposed to be quilted and done yesterday, instead I am clueless. The marigold quilt came out lovely and the new neutral one is stunning in low values.

Jeanna said...

You selected some really pretty fabric for Winter's Grandeur backing. Hope the tension stays good.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...