Saturday, June 17, 2023

Quilted -

 
 
My Upstairs/Downstairs - Marigold is quilted - 
 
YAY!! - 
 
 
It might be my imagination - 

But it seems to me that it takes me longer to prep the backing - 
 
Cut the batting - and load it - 

Than it does to actually quilt it - 

And I'm SO glad that I changed the top thread to ORANGE - 
 
It blends in SO much better than the BROWN - 

 
I quilted it with the same 3 lines per block grid - 
 
Changing direction - horizontal/vertical - with each block - 
 
And some lines are more "organic" than others - 
 
Proving that it was quilted by a "people" - not a computer - 
 
 
Now I have to remove the zippers -
 
Trim it - 
 
Cut and make the binding from the trimmings - 
 
Bind and label it - 
 
And load the next one - 
 
Not necessarily in that order - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 

4 comments:

Katie said...

And how does the tension look? I'm assuming it is doing well because you didn't mention it and that makes me happy. Also a finished quilt (well, sort of) quilt makes me happy. Probably you too?

Gene Black said...

Hooray! I am glad you got it quilted.
You left one step out of your list:
*Choose the next one to quilt.
(((grin)))

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You are right, prep time is more than quilting time. Your quilting looks great and this quilt is so pretty.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Prepping correctly always takes more time. However, you don't spend the time ripping out or regretting how it came out. The stitching looks marvelous. Did you ever think 2 years ago that you would be longarming?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...