Friday, June 30, 2023

Pondering -

 
 
While I pondered which one to quilt next -
 
I decided to trim my Upstairs/Downstairs - Winter's Grandeur
 
So that it is ready for the next step - binding - 
 
The binding - Scrap Card - Heart - and Label are already made - 
 
 
Next - I think I'll quilt the Batik - 16-Patch - Kiwiberry
 
I chose a pretty PURPLE batik for the backing - 
And some PURPLE thread - 
 
The batik is actually a bit darker than the photo shows - 
And I thought that I had it ready to go - 
 
But it's in two pieces that need to be sewn together - 
Each piece is wide enough - but not long enough all by itself - 


So - now I REALLY need to decide how I want to quilt it -

While I piece the backing - 

And baste on the zippers -
 
Any suggestions? - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 

3 comments:

Gene Black said...

I do love the purple batik for the backing.
It would be fun to see it quilted in "Xs and Os" like a giant tic-tac-toe.

Katie said...

I've been thinking an orange peel-like motif could be cool in one of these. Maybe mix it up and some arcs go from one corner to the next, but others go wider and make a 2-square arc. If that makes any sense. It would require some planning, but could be interesting. Or not. Maybe I'm just crazy.

Jeanna said...

I'm useless...no suggestion for quilting but I'm happy to see Kiwiberry is next. I'm sure it will be beautiful whatever you decide.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...