Saturday, July 1, 2023

Still pondering -

 
 
How to quilt my Batik - 16-Patch - Kiwiberry
 
Some suggestions have been "Xs and Os" -
 
And an orange-peel design - maybe mixing it up a little - 
 
 
So - while I was pondering - 
 
I stitched the seam in the backing - 
 
Basted the zippers on the top and bottom - 
 
And loaded it on the frame - 
 

You can see that it isn't very big - 48" x 48" -

As opposed to my Upstairs/Downstairs quilts - 60" x 80" -

So - whichever design I choose - 
 
Should go fairly quickly - 
 
Once I decide "how" I want to quilt it -
 
That's usually where I get stuck - 
 
But since there's no deadline - 
 
I still have time to think about it -
 
And I always seem to forget every design I have ever used before - 
 
So I have to go thumbing through my books and notes -
 
To refresh my memory - ;))
 
 
 
 Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 

3 comments:

Gene Black said...

If it is any consolation, I have troubles deciding what to quilt also. Sometimes, I have to stop because I can't think of a "different" design to quilt in an area.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

A wavy cross hatch would be nice. When I do it, I quilt all of the lines in one direction and then take it off the longarm, turn it a quarter turn and pin it back on to do the lines that cross.

Jeanna said...

I admire that you can quilt you own quilts. I'm limited to 'in the ditch' with a walking foot.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...