Tuesday, July 18, 2023

No sewing yesterday -

 
 
Mondays are usually "chore" days - 
 
So I didn't get any sewing done - 
 
But I did pull some "wide back" packs - 
That I got on sale a while back - 
 
To see what might be suitable for the next few quilts - 
 
Upstairs/Downstairs - Meredith - 60" x 80" - 2020 -
Blended Branches - Christmas Green - 
 
 
Batik Bento Boxes - Glowing Embers - 60" x 72" - 2020 -
Blended Branches - Mustard - 

 
Upstairs/Downstairs - Hear Wave - 50" x 60" - 2020 -
Blended Branches - Mustard - 

 
Karma Churn Dash - 50" x 60" - 2020 -
Blended Branches - Mustard - 


It's funny to me that all three of the "Mustard" photos - 
Have the SAME "wide back" pack on the right - 
And they look like three DIFFERENT colors - 

I guess the first one is the closest to "true" -
It's more a Mustard - GOLD - than YELLOW or ORANGE - 
So it looks good with all of those tops - 

I'll see if I can fit U/D - Hear Wave and Karma Churn Dash
On the same one - the backing is 108" x 108" - 
So it might work - 
 
I think I'll quilt the Karma Churn Dash first - 
Then see if Hear Wave fits on the piece that's left over - 
 
If not - I can always add a "spacer" strip to get it up to size - 

I'm pretty sure I have some "extra" RED Blended Branches - 

And Hear Wave has a lot of ORANGE - RED - and BROWN - 
So the MUSTARD/GOLD and RED should both look good -
 
And I have another "Mustard" pack - 
 
For the Batik Bento Boxes top - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -
 

4 comments:

Gene Black said...

Hear Wave caught me, I thought it was a typo - but then I found the post where you named it - and why. Ha ha.

Yes it is interesting how the camera will define a color based on the rest of the colors in the image.

Linda Swanekamp said...

You have a lot of choices to reckon with. That is a good problem to have.

Jeanna said...

Having enough backing for more than one quilt is always a good thing. Hopefully, it will be easy to transition from one to the next...although, I don't anything about how that works. LOL

Kara Kwilts said...

A pretty good place to get backings and material is Marshall Dry Goods. They have their line of MDG 108" quilt backs for just $9.99 a yard. If you find a material that you really like you can go to their wholesale/bulk side and buy it by the bolt. I signed up for their newsletter and sometimes they have a sale. They also sell batting by the bolt. :) It is always nice to save a little money. Hugs, Kara

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...