Saturday, July 15, 2023

Quilted -

 
 
My Star Big Block is quilted - 
 
FINALLY! - 
 

I don't know why I fretted so much - 

You can hardly see the quilting at all - 
 


 
 
Unless I show you the photos that I took - 
 
Before I took it off the frame - 



I did a variety of designs - 
  • A free-form "orange-peel" flower in the BLUE FLORAL center square - 
  • "Orange-peel" arcs in the BLUE FLORAL center star points - 
  • Curved arcs in the BLUE FLORAL outer points - 
  • Lazy-8s/Wishbones in the GREEN rectangles - 
  • Pebbles in the GREEN parts of the Flying Geese - 
  • Back-and-forth wavy lines in the GOLD Flying Geese & small triangles - 
  • A "teardrop" shape with echoed lines in the corner GREEN sections - 
  • Echoed straight lines in the GOLD corners - 
 
And I learned a LOT doing this one -
  • Plan ahead and don't wait to decide what to quilt after it's loaded - 
  • Use a thread that blends in - to hide your boo-boos - 
  • Slow down if you want to stitch curves - or be prepared for "wonky" - 
  • Don't try to "make it up as you go along" - that does not end well - LOL -
 
All in all - it's OK - 
 
And the best part is - 
 
It's QUILTED - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 

4 comments:

Gene Black said...

LOL.... Your "don'ts" are my normal way of quilting. I almost always "make it up as I go" I almost never plan the quilting ahead of time.

I do slow down a bit to prevent wonky or large stitches, though.

I think it looks good. Congrats.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Great job that is finished and beautiful!

Katie said...

Quilted is the best. And this was a good practice for a lot of designs. But I tend to do curves faster or they get wonky!

Jeanna said...

Excellent work! Congratulations.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...