Monday, July 10, 2023

First pass -

 
 
Yesterday I quilted the first pass -
 
On my Crumb - Blue Floral
 
 
I used the "channel lock"-
To quilt unevenly spaced straight lines -
From one side to the other - 

 
My workspace is limited - 
And the blocks are set "on-point" -
 
The "on-point" setting was messing me up- 
 
The blocks don't line up nicely unless I stitch it diagonally -
Which is hard to do - 
 
One diagonal "blue" block fits in my workspace -
But I can only get the "top half" of a green block -
 
So any "block" design would have to be "split" on a green block - 
And the "bottom half" would have to be quilted on the next pass - 
 
It would be easier if it was set "straight" - 
 

So I opted for uneven straight lines - 
 
 
It gives me some nice texture - 
 
And it gives me practice using my "channel lock" - 
 
As you can see - 
 
I'm trying really hard to stay AWAY from the points - 
 
I don't want to stitch through all of those seams - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 

4 comments:

Gene Black said...

I am glad you made a choice and got started. You will likely have this one done in no time.

Jeanna said...

Another beauty on its way. You are going to have a nice collection of finishes soon.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I hope the channel lock quilting goes well for you. It is popular and fast.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Well, the plan seems to be working.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...