Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Less is more -

 
 
At least that's what I was thinking - 
 
Because the more I looked at the backing - 
 
That I had made for my Crumb - Blue Floral
 
The more I didn't like it - 
 

 
I had made it "around" the big block with the same fabrics as the top -
But it wasn't quite big enough - 
 
So - rather than add chunks to it to get it up to size - 

I decided to put it away to "un-sew" later -
And maybe use the big block for something else - 
 
Then I made another backing -
 
Using two panels of the "background" GREEN that I used on the front - 
And one panel of GOLD - 
 

The GOLD is the same print as the GREEN - 
 
So - even though it isn't the same fabric as the cornerstones on the front - 
 
It does "go" with the GREEN - and shouldn't look too weird - 

 
I chose a KHAKI colored thread -
 
That blends in nicely with all of the fabrics - 

 
Then I basted zippers to the backing - 
 
And loaded it - 


I still need to cut the batting to size - 

Load that and the top - 

Wind some bobbins -
 
And decide on what design I want to stitch - 
 
Before I can start quilting it - 

But I'm getting there - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 

2 comments:

Gene Black said...

I agree that the new backing goes much better with the top. I think that on the other backing the large blue print "fights" with the block for attention.

Congrats on more progress.

Jeanna said...

I think you will like your new backing much better.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...