Thursday, July 20, 2023

More unsewing -

 
 
And I finished the "trimmings" - 
 
I was asked what I did with the strips of batting - 
 
For now I just stuff them in a plastic bag - 
 
Vicki Welsh has a tutorial for pet beds -
That you can download - HERE
 
But I haven't made one yet - ;))
 
 
Then I spent some time pondering - 
 
And wondering how I got the MATH wrong on these two tops - 
 
Karma Churn Dash -
13" blocks - set 4 x 5 - so it's actually 52" x 65" - not 50" x 60" - 
I guess I thought they were 10" blocks set 5 x 6 - 
 
The blocks are 13" - 
But my workspace is limited to 10" max - 
 
So I'm going to have to quilt this in pieces - 
 
I need to come up with something for the rows with HST and Bars -
And something for the rows with Bars and the large Squares - 

 
Then there's the Batik Bento Boxes - Glowing Embers
 
12" blocks - set 4 x 5 - so it's actually 48" x 60" - not 60" x 72" - 
I guess I thought it was set 5 x 6 until I looked at the photo again -  

Here again - the blocks are 12" - 
And I'm limited to 10" - 
 
So I think I'll quilt one 6" row in each pass - 


 
On this one it might be fun to do something different -
 
Every chance I get - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 

3 comments:

Gene Black said...

It will be interesting to see what decisions you make for quilting these two tops.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Wow, if you get the math wrong, there is no hope for me. I don't usually quilt large motifs, so it is easier for me to break down for quilting. It is always a balance how much can be quilted in each pass unlike quilting on a domestic machine.

Jeanna said...

But your usually so good at math LOL. You really are though. I'm sure you will find some clever way of getting it done.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...