Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Last pass -

 
 
On my Crumb - Blue Floral
 
 
And I got THIS close to the end -
 
When I ran out of bobbin thread - 
 
SERIOUSLY?!?!? - 
 
I only had two or three more rows to go - UGH!! -

 
But it's OK - 
 
I wound another bobbin of "Khaki" - 
 
And - if I quilt the Big Block next -
 
I can use the same thread color -
And the rest of this bobbin -
 
 
Anyway - 
 
I finished the last pass - 

 
And I REALLY like the texture - 




The channel lock works nicely - 
 
The only downside is that the straight lines - 
Show how crooked my piecing is -
And/or or how crookedly I loaded the top -
 
As I said yesterday - 
 
I tried to avoid the "points" - 
 
But - sure enough - 
 
Part way down a couple of the rows -
I hit some "points" -
Then it veered off again -
 
But if I had TRIED to hit the points - 
I never could have done it - 
 
I'm happy with the overall appearance - 
 
And if anyone wants to follow the lines of quilting - 
From top to bottom on one of my quilts - 
 
BOB challenges them to do it perfectly on THEIR quilt - LOL - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 

4 comments:

Gene Black said...

I never try for perfection these days. It never has happened anyway. I think mine come out better when I don’t fret about it as much.

Your quilt looks great. I like that texture too.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Once a quilt is off the frame, used, washed, no line ever looks straight. You are going for the overall feel and look and you nailed it.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It turned out great! Now you have another choice in your library of designs.

Jeanna said...

Your lines and points are just fine. The quilt has its own character.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...