Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Basted -

 
 
Yesterday I loaded the batting and the top - 
 
For my Karma Churn Dash -
 
Basted them both to the backing - 
 
And tested the tension - which is OK as is - YAY!! - 
 
 
Then I played with the Interweave strips - 
 
Sewed one and put it and the other two up on the design wall - 

 
The jelly roll and charm pack are aptly named - Nostalgia
By April Cornell for Moda - 
 
And I think playing with these "old-fashioned" floral prints will be fun -

 
The strips aren't pressed yet - 
 
I'll wait until I have the final layout - 
 
Then I can press one strip up and the next strip down -
 
To alternate them and nest the seams - 
 
It was fun to switch between "quilting" and "piecing" for a bit -
 
I've been doing a lot more "quilting" lately - since I got the longarm -
 
And binding - and Scrap Cards - and Hearts - 
 
So I forgot how much I enjoy "piecing" -
 
Simply sewing one patch to another -
 
Then to another -
 
Creating something "piece" by "piece" - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 

2 comments:

Gene Black said...

The Karma Churn Dash looks good on the frame. It is going to be a lovely quilt.
I agree with you that the interweave quilt will be fun. Piecing is still probably more fun to me than quilting.

Jeanna said...

I like switching between various parts of the craft...or crafts, since I have so many LOL. I really like both the churn dash quilt and the fabrics you are using for Interweave.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...