Thursday, July 6, 2023

Moving along -

 
 
On my Crumb - Blue Floral
 
Yesterday I un-sewed the big block and put it up on my design wall - 
 
It looks much better all by itself - 
 
And at 24" x 24" I might just quilt it "as is" for a table topper - 
Or add corner triangles for a wallhanging -  
Or add the corner triangles - just because - and use it for either one - 

If the triangles matched the backing fabric - 
They would blend right in - 
 
 
Then I un-sewed the rest of the fabrics -
And made a pile - 
To be pressed later and added back to my stash -

 
Then I cut some batting to size - 
 
And added that and the top to the frame -


Nothing is basted or clamped down yet - 
 
I'll do that today - 
 
And then test the tension -
 
While I ponder some more how to quilt it - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 

3 comments:

Gene Black said...

I think the big block would look great as a topper on an occasional table/end table.

I am sure you will decide on a satisfactory way to quilt the Crumb Quilt.

Linda Swanekamp said...

The Crumb quilt needs texture in the background part, just simple definitions in the crumb part. You will figure it out. I would have to add to the big block, but that is me.

Jeanna said...

I like your idea of making the big block into a table topper. Twenty-four inches square is the perfect size for that.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...