Saturday, July 22, 2023

A little binding -

 
 
Was on the agenda yesterday - 
 
In an effort to "clear the decks" -
 
Before I start quilting my Karma Churn Dash
 
 
I decided to stitch the binding to the back -
 
Of my Star Big Block
 
 
 The binding is GOLD - the flange is GREEN - 

 
And my Crumb - Blue Floral
 
 
The binding is GREEN - the flange is the BLUE FLORAL - 

 
Then I tore the "wide back" down for my Karma Churn Dash

 
I like to lay out the quilt top on the table insert - 
 
Then spread out the backing - with a bit "extra" - 
 
Somehow it seems easier than "measuring" them both -
 
And helps to eliminate those dreaded "math" errors - 
 
Because I can SEE how much "extra" I have -
 
To split between the two sides - for "margins" - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 

4 comments:

Gene Black said...

I like to do the visual method also. It eliminates math errors AND measuring errors.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I do the same thing you do for "measuring" the backing fabric. I need the visual confirmation that it is the right length.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Ditto the math solution of doing it visually. Love the bindings.

Jeanna said...

I love the binding and flange fabric selections.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...