Saturday, July 29, 2023

The first pass -

 
 
On my Karma Churn Dash yesterday - 
 
Was fun - 
 
I decided to stitch diagonal back and forth lines - 
In the top half of the HST -
 
And straight ones -
In the top half of the "bars" along the outside edge -
 

 
The first block on the left has Lazy 8s in the Churn Dash part - 

 
And the stencil that I showed you yesterday in the center - 
 
 
But you can hardly see it -
 
 
The second one has straight-ish lines - 

 
With a free-form diagonal grid in the center - 

 
The third one has pebbles -

 
And a stencil "flower" in the center - 
With some echo lines - 
 
 
 
The fourth one has loops - 
And another "flower" stencil in the center - 
With more echo lines - 
 
 

The last one has swirls - 
And a free-form grid in the center -  
 
 
Switching up the designs was fun - 
 
I used one of the rulers to help keep the diagonal lines "straight" - 
Because those are hard to do for some reason - 
So this piece should be good practice for a little ruler work -
 
The stencils gave me "guidelines" for the flowers -
And the chalk powder and a foam brush work nicely -  
But I need more practice "hitting the lines" - 
 
Very little of the quilting actually "shows" - 
 
So some of the "pressure" is off - 
 
And I can relax a little while I quilt the rest of it - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 

2 comments:

Gene Black said...

Ha ha when the quilting doesn’t show is usually my best work

Linda Swanekamp said...

Doing a super job, trying it all out and getting more confident in moving the machine. That is important. Don't worry about it "Showing up" It is there and it looks wonderful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...