Friday, July 28, 2023

Almost forgot -

 
 
That the center squares - 
 
On my Karma Churn Dash
 
 
Would be the perfect place to play with some of my stencils - 
 
So yesterday - after my "chores" - 
 
I pulled out the ones that I think will work nicely - 
 
I have a "pounce pad' and some chalk powder - 
 
And can mark them as I come to them - 
 
Then practice following the "lines" -
 




 
And I have some rulers that came with my machine/frame order - 
 
So I can play with them, too - 
 
I wouldn't want to use rulers on a whole quilt - 
 
It would take f.o.r.e.v.e.r. - 
 
But using them on a couple of blocks here and there might be fun - 


I also have a list of designs that I could use - 
 
Swirls - Lazy 8's - Pebbles - Grids - Spirals (square and round) -
Wavy Lines - Loops - Bear Claws - Ribbon Candy - Feathers - Stars -  

And have decided that this will be a nice "practice" piece - 
 
Since I have HST in the corners of the blocks - for "diagonal" designs - 
 
And "bars" for up/down and sideways practice - like Lazy 8s -
 
And the center squares for "flowers" and stencil designs - 

Most of the quilting won't show on such busy fabrics -

So I can play - 

And not worry so much about how it will look -
 
I do want the "design" on the outer row to be consistent - 
 
All the way around the quilt - 
 
But I haven't decided yet if I want long wavy lines (easy) - 
 
Or diagonal back and forth lines in the HST - 
 
And vertical/horizontal back and forth lines in the "bars" -
 
Which would take a little more time - 
 
I think the long wavy lines will keep the edges "straighter" - 
 
But it's also the "easy" way out - LOL - 
 
What do you think? - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -

3 comments:

Gene Black said...

I think the stencils will be interesting. And I don’t worry too much about being consistent in areas. I think it is more interesting when every little place is a surprise

Cindy Quilts said...

You are getting lots of practice using different methods. That has to be a lot of fun!

Jeanna said...

YOu have some great toys (tools) to play with. It will be fun to see what magic you work up.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...