Monday, June 19, 2023

BUSY day -

 
 
I switched back and forth between playing with - 
 
My Upstairs/Downstairs - Marigold
 
And my Upstairs/Downstairs - Winter's Grandeur
 
So - not necessarily in this order - I was BUSY -
 
Upstairs/Downstairs - Marigold
 
I trimmed it -
 
 
And cut the binding strips - 

 
And made about 4 miles of binding - 
Not really - but it always seems like miles - 


Upstairs/Downstairs - Winter's Grandeur

I chose the thread color - EGGSHELL - for the top and bobbin thread -
 
 
Tore the backing to size - 
 
Basted the zippers on - 
 
And loaded it on the frame -
 
 
Unzipped the top zipper to release the backing from the frame - 
 
Tested the tension on a practice piece - 
 

 
The tension looks good to me - 
 
So I cut the batting to size - 
 
And it's ready to load tomorrow - 


I don't want to jinx it - 
 
But I would like to quilt as many tops as I can - 
 
While my tension still looks good - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 

4 comments:

Gene Black said...

It always does seem like miles of binding. I tend to make mine too long because I am always afraid I will run out. (Although I never have.)

Cindy Quilts said...

You have been busy! I have a friend that says her quilter always adds more corners to her quilts since it seems like it takes forever to stitch the binding down! :) I enjoy seeing all your quilts.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Watched tons of tension videos. Will try the baby quilts again. Your quilts are really looking great. Why does binding always look it is miles and miles? I have some green to glue on my floral 4 patch quilt and been putting it off.

Jeanna said...

Looks like you are coming right along with your quilting. I love the colors in Winter's Grandeur.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...