Friday, January 3, 2020

Good intentions -


And all of that - LOL - ;))

With Thursday being the first BUSINESS day of the New Year -

I spent most of it doing BUSINESS things -

And didn't sew a stitch - ;))

I did pet the border pieces for Dear William Interweave -

Long enough to take a photo -


And last night -

I decided to read a short story instead of starting my book -

I chose one of my favorites -

"The Garden of Forking Paths" -

It's in the book "Ficciones" by Jorge Luis Borges -
Copyright © 1962 by Grove Press Inc.


It's a detective story set during the first World War -

And I never can remember the ending -

So it's interesting to me every. single. time. - LOL - ;))

One of my favorite quotes is -
Then I reflected that all things happen, happen to one, precisely now. Century follows century, and things happen only in the present. There are countless men in the air, on land and at sea, and all that really happens happens to me.

Food for thought - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



5 comments:

Gene Black said...

We need a day or two off on occasion to do the necessary things of life. And sometimes just a change is helpful to the creative process.

"The Garden of Forking Paths" sounds interesting. I will see if my public library has that book.

Sherry said...

I didn't get any sewing done yesterday either. . . went to bed early because I was exhausted (from what I have no idea! LOL).

I did get some reading in at lunch time yesterday. . . and got the bills paid so I guess that I accomplished what was needed.

Have a lovely Friday.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

My Thursday was the same, lots of little odds and ends of business and organization that needed to be done. I did cut a few pieces last night but not enough to post about.

Barb said...

It is hard having to do other things besides sew...hope you get in your room soon. The book does sound interesting. Happy New Year

Sue said...

No sewing yesterday, but plenty of knitting, with a 4 hour round trip. Just call me Miss Daisy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...