Thursday, January 2, 2020

The first day -


Of any New Year is always fun -

A continuation of things done before -

But also -

A day of new beginnings -

And meeting up with some old friends - ;))

I was on a roll -

Got all of the columns sewn together on the Dear William Interweave -

And took a quick photo for this post -

I'll give it a good press tomorrow -

Before I take the "glamour" shots -


Then I pulled out an "old friend" -

A FMQ practice quilt from a Craftsy class by Christina Cameli -
Free-Motion Quilting Essentials - HERE -

I still have the border sections to play with -

So I went to grab the chalk to mark off a section -


And found the basket with the border pieces for Dear William -

No wonder it looked a tad bit skinny -

I still need to make and add the borders - LOL -

Oh, well - I can do that tomorrow - ;))


I had a couple of others things that I wanted to do before the end of the day -

So I stitched some pebbles -

Which obviously need some work - LOL -

But it's a practice piece - emphasis on PRACTICE -

And I'm OK with that - ;))


Another thing that I want to work into my routine this new year -

Is more time to read -

Which I COULD/SHOULD do - instead of playing games on my tablet - LOL -

I have a Kindle with more books on it than I can read in one lifetime -

But I still like the smell and feel of a good old-fashioned PAPER book -

One that I can tag with post-its on the pages that have good lines -

I know you can bookmark pages on the Kindle -

But - it's not the same - at least for me -

Anyway -

I found another "old friend" -

That I want to read again -

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society -
by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows -


One of the pages that I bookmarked has this line -
Reading good books ruins you for enjoying bad books.
That is SO true - ;))

Have you read anything interesting lately? -

Do you have any books that you like to "re-read" occasionally? - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



3 comments:

Gene Black said...

I had to laugh about the borders for Dear William. I have done the same in the past. I took the same Christina Cameli class and made the quilt. I love mine even though it does look a bit like a "circus tent" with the colors I used. I may need to re-visit that class this year and make another. It is great practice.
I think your pebbles look fine - pebbles in nature are NOT perfect.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I have read "Winter Solstice" by Rosamunde Pilcher twice and will probably read it again. I just love her writing. She also wrote the famous "The Shell Seekers" and a sequel to it.

Sherry said...

Hey Kitty! I do most of my reading during lunch at work (one of the benefits of having late lunch by myself). I have been a reader from "way back" since we lived on the far end of the township & all my friends were in the subdivision on the other side of town. LOL

I am currently reading "The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek" by Kim Michele Richardson and am enjoying it a lot.

If you like murder mysteries without the details Laura Childs has several series that I have read and enjoy.

If you like "epic" reads there is always Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series. . . or the Game of Throne books (those I think have over 600 pages in each one!) I haven't finished the first one yet. . . but, for me, it was much more enjoyable than the tv series. But then I think most of the books that I have read are better than the film/tv versions.

I have a page on my blog with a listing of the books I have read over the past few years. . . out of all of them I think the only one that I would not recommend is "Educated, a memoir". I found the book somewhat unbelievable and it was a tough read for me. But, there are others that have raved about how great it was. . . so maybe it was just me. Who knows?

Looking forward to the glamour shots of Dear William when you get to them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...