Monday, January 6, 2020

The borders are on -


The Dear William Interweave -


But not without a bit of "air sewing" - LOL - ;))

I didn't notice until I pulled out the whole thing to clip the threads -

Oh, crap! -


OK - so how far back does this go? -


It didn't run out on the last two strips -

So - was it the third one? -


The fourth one? -


The fifth one? -


The sixth one? -


Wait! -

There are only seven strips in the whole thing! -


G-r-e-a-t! -

I got about two inches sewn on the first strip -

Before I ran out of bobbin thread - LOL - ;))


This machine has a top-loading bobbin -

And on the "regular" bobbins - it's easy to see how much thread I have left -


But I also have some "pre-wound" bobbins that I use for piecing -

And they have cardboard ends -

So I have NO idea how much thread is left on them -

Unless I take them out -

And I'm usually too busy sewing to bother with that -


So - I'll be using the last of those up as soon as possible -

And will probably never buy them again - ;))

They sounded like a good idea at the time -

But it isn't worth it to me to have them "pre-wound" -

If I also have to waste time sewing with NO bobbin thread - ;))

I know how to wind a bobbin -

And I would rather be able to see how much bobbin thread is left on them -

Than to pay someone else to wind them for me - LOL - ;))

So - after I re-sewed that seam -

I attached both borders -

And pressed some of it -


Before I switched to do some Free-Motion Quilting -

Some more "pebbles" in another blue section - ;))


I want/need to redo my routine a little -

To try to fit in all of the things that I WANT to do so I don't spend ALL of my time doing stuff that I NEED to do - especially this time of year - with tax stuff looming - sales tax due 1/31 and income tax due 4/15. I still need to work up my schedules for those -

Trying to find that balance -

So I tried a new routine today -

And - so far so good -

I'll tweak it some more this week -

See if I can make it work - ;))

Tomorrow I'll pick up where I left off -

Press the top and try to take the "glamour" shots -

Try for some more Free-Motion Quilting -

And the other things that I want and need to do - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



7 comments:

Gene Black said...

Ah yes, sewing with air is something I am very familiar with. My Janome (main machine) doesn't have a bobbin sensor, so I have done it a few times.
As I was sewing the bargello I did most of one strip with no bobbin - and that was with a ton of seams to match. ha ha.

I hope you new routine continues to work well.

Frog Quilter said...

Lmao air sewing. I am very familiar with that. Wow you did it really good this time!!! Hugs

Sherry said...

Oh boy. . . I must have jinxed you with the air sewing that I told you about recently! LOL

Glad you have everything back in order & that the new routine seems to be working. I have to get a bunch of stuff filed. . .and I hate to file. . .so that I can start getting the tax info together. That is something that I dread.

Looking forward to when I can get back into the sewing room and play with fabric! Or sit down with my yarn & crochet hook and work on my tote.

Have a lovely day.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Well, air sewing is better than seam ripping. Been there with both of them.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

For my Pfaff which has a bobbin sensor I take off both cardboard sides and then the monitor still works. You could try taking off the top cardboard. The thread is compacted on them and will not puddle off.

Katie said...

Routine? What? Between varying work schedules and a husband, routines are hard to set here. Ah well, I usually get enough done each day to feel accomplished, even if it wasn't all the things or the things I intended at the start of the day! And I am laughing pretty hard at you and your miles of air sewing. I've been there. Even with clear bobbins and paying attention, I often run out anyways because I forget to remember to check. But that was quite a distance. You might have set a record for 2020! I never thought about prewounds being impossible to see, but once you said it, it was like "duh!" and put me further towards the middle of that not buying them bandwagon than I already was. (Closer to the center means you're less likely to fall off, of course!) Here's to hoping 2020 gets better, bobbin-wise!

Sue said...

Love the term air sewing...all the cool quilters are doing it. 😉

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...