Saturday, January 4, 2020

HST - tips for Lefties -


One of the things that I want to do this year -

Is post some special "Tips and Tricks" for using the LEFT-EZE Rule™ -

I have some tutorials listed on the page at the top of my blog -

But I have more tips that I would like to share - ;))

If you're following a pattern -

And/or want a specific color/fabric as the LEFT wing on a Flying Geese unit -

And/or want a specific color/fabric as the RIGHT wing on a Flying Geese unit -

Like I did on my Christmas 3-D Challenge - HERE -

I wanted GREEN on the LEFT side -

And GOLD on the RIGHT SIDE -



Just remember - RIGHT SIDE UP -

Put the color/fabric that you want on the RIGHT - RIGHT SIDE UP -

Then it follows that the LEFT Side will be DOWN -
As you layer the two fabrics right sides together -

Here I put the GOLD - on the bottom - RIGHT SIDE UP -
And the GREEN - on the top - RIGHT SIDE DOWN -

Then cut your HST starting at the RIGHT end of the strips -



That way - when you open them up -



The FLAT ENDS will be in the MIDDLE -

And the POINTY ENDS will be at the SIDES -

And the fabric/color that was RIGHT SIDE UP (on the BOTTOM) -
will be on the RIGHT -

And the fabric/color that was RIGHT SIDE DOWN (on the TOP) -
will be on the LEFT -


When you go to sew your Flying Geese Units -


===

SPECIAL NOTE -

To those of you who are doing the current "Mystery" and who have a
LEFT-EZE Rule™ -

You can use the LEFT-EZE Rule™ -
and get the same exact thing - with NO changing the blue on top -

Layer it the same way - and just start at the RIGHT end of the strip -

First cut - black tip on top - diagonal from bottom left to top right -


Second cut - black tip on bottom - straight up the left side -


===

If you want/need both Wings to be the same -

You will need "mirror images" -

Both a LEFT and RIGHT side -

So fold your strip in half right sides together -


And cut your HST that way -



Easy, huh? - ;))

Which reminds me of something my Dad used to say -

And my Rule #10 -

"Anything is easy - if you know how!" - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



3 comments:

Sue said...

Bow I know how! 😁

Gene Black said...

ha ha - a friend said to a repairman "That was easy." after the repairman fixed it. The Repairman said to him "Well, brain surgery is easy if you know how!"

Cindy Quilts said...

Wow, you've been busy in the New Year!
While I am not a leftie I love that you are sharing tips and tricks with those who are. Happy sewing in the New Year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...