Sunday, January 19, 2020

Shuffling -


Is next on the agenda -

For the Victoria and Albert Interweave -

But first I had to lay out all of the strips on the kitchen island - ;))


You can see that some combinations are very bright and obvious -

And I only want one coral and one white on the bottom portion of the quilt -


And on the top portion -

So this will work -


Some sets are a little more subtle -

The third one from the right and the last one on the right -

Have the same purple fabric on the end -


And these two coral strips are the same fabric -


It's easy enough to fix if I take both the blue and coral strips and "reverse" them -

So that one coral is on the top and one is on the bottom - of the quilt top -


This other coral is similar - but not the same -

And will be moved in the next "shuffle" -

When I shuffle them from side to side -


These purple matchey ones were fixed -

The same way I fixed the matching coral ones above -

I took both the green and the purple strips and "reversed" them -

So that one purple is on the top and one is on the bottom - of the quilt top -


These blue/purples are similar - but not the same -


So - no matchey matcheys on this (top) side -


And no matchey matcheys on this (bottom) side -


So that worked out better than I thought it would -

Tomorrow is round two of the "shuffle" -

I want/need to separate the ones that look similar -

And mix up the colors a little more -

From left to right -

Then I can sew them together -

And play with the placement of the border sections - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



4 comments:

Sue said...

A fun day ahead!

Linda Swanekamp said...

What fun, looking great! Hope you don't need to use the island. Looks like takeout to me!

Gene Black said...

Hooray! It worked out.

Cindy Quilts said...

Those fabrics are beautiful! It's looking good.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...