Friday, August 19, 2022

A little more -

 
 
Ruler work -
 
On the bottom half of the center square - 
 
On my Red/White/Blue Panel
 

 
I was going up the right side of the red stripe - 
 
And ran out of bobbin thread about an inch away - 
 
From that top white square - 
 
Where the scissors are - 

 
I didn't see any point in winding another NAVY bobbin - 
To finish that little bit -
 
So I wound a RED bobbin - 
 
And I'll finish up the rest of that tomorrow - 

Then re-hoop it -

This panel will have two colors of thread on it - 

But it's only a practice piece - 

So I'm not that worried about it - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 

3 comments:

Gene Black said...

Looking good. I understand about winding a bobbin for a small bit. Sometimes I wind a partial bobbin and then pull the excess thread off after I finish that part. But if I can make it work, I will use another color that is already on a bobbin.

Katie said...

I have so many bobbins...and I wind multiples before longarming so I don't have to unthread and rethread the machine. (I do wind off small amounts of leftovers from longarm bobbins onto domestic bobbins to make sure I have enough empty longarm bobbins to easily do a quilt!) You'll figure out a system that works for you - we all do! Did you know it was getting low? My longarm gets noisier the emptier the bobbin gets, and then, if it doesn't decide to make the tension absolutely atrocious (it basically won't let any more thread out, but at least you can spot it right away!), it gets REALLY quiet and then POOF stops making stitches. (It did that yesterday and I was so thankful I didn't have to pick out a bunch of stitches!) You'll get better at that, too, with time!

Linda Swanekamp said...

So glad to see you are just going for it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...