Tuesday, August 9, 2022

The ruler base -

 
 
Today I took a look at the ruler base - 
 
That came with my order -
 
It's supposed to give me a flat area around the needle - 
 
So I can use rulers - when I attach the "ruler foot" - 
 
 
It will probably lessen my work space -
 
But I'll watch some videos on exactly how to install it - 
 
And then how to use it - 
 
Oh, well - 
 
So many things to do - 
 
And so much to learn - later - 
 
Today I had to do "chores" - 
 
The bills don't pay themselves - LOL - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 

2 comments:

Gene Black said...

Hmmmmm. I don't know anything about the ruler base except what you said. I suppose it will limit the space because it may bump the bars. But I could be wrong- and I hope I am.

Kathy S. said...

I have one of those and use it often. It doesn't seem to limit your area that you are stitching because it goes where the needle is. The only area I "lose" is when it hits my leader/grippers. (That's about an inch or so top and bottom.). Once you do ruler work with the base you'll see how handy it is.

Another issue I have is that on big quilts it's harder for me to put it on when I have an XL quilt on the frame. I like to move the head all the way off the quilt to put it on. It can be slipped on when there isn't space. It's just harder to put it on under a quilt that is loaded.

Enjoy playing with your new toy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...