Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Decisions, decisions -

 
 
Well - I decided to use BLACK thread - 
 
Wound one bobbin - 
 
Threaded the machine - 
 
Made chalk lines on some of the squares -
For the direction of stitching - 
 
And stopped there - 
 
 
In the plain squares and the black/white flying geese units -
I was thinking of doing diagonal lines back and forth -
Changing direction in each square and in each half of the flying geese - 
To go the opposite direction of the "wing" seam - 

  
The center portion of the quilt is really dense patchwork - 
And the quilting won't show -
So I thought I should do something simple like wavy lines - 
Across the stars and the flying geese and blue string blocks - 
 
Only the outer two rows of plain blocks - 
And the black/white flying geese units will show the quilting -
The red flying geese are string blocks - 
So they won't show either -
 
Also - it will be my first "non-panel" quilt with thick seams -
So I don't want to try something fancy that will blow up in my face - 
Not that I can DO fancy yet -
But you know what I mean - LOL -
 
What do you think? - ;))
 
 
 
Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 

3 comments:

Gene Black said...

I think wavy lines or stippling is the way to go for that busy center. The diagonal lines will play against that nicely.

Sue said...

A busy quilt design would be lost.

Katie said...

Sounds like a good plan! And with a wavy design, you can intentionally miss the thicker seams if needed. I'm excited to see how this goes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...