Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Next up -

 
 
Is this one - 
 
I call it I Used To Be Placemats - 
 
Because they were - LOL -
 
 
 
The backing was a little short - 
 
So I used a striped fabric as a "poor man's" leader cloth - 

 
It's easy enough to cut along one of the stripes -
 
For a straight edge - 
 
Then line it up with the edge of the backing - 
 
And to pin on one of the stripes - 
 
They are all "built-in" straight lines - LOL - 

 
The stripes also help me clamp it onto the rail straight - 


I decided to quilt it with GOLD thread - 
 
And to turn it sideways - 

So that I can quilt the width of the placemats in the middle section in one pass - 
 
I'll re-hoop it as needed until I finish all three of them - 


And I'll save the ends for later - 

Because I can - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew - 
 

2 comments:

Gene Black said...

This will be a good one for you to get some practice on. Maybe you can perfect your swirls.

Linda Swanekamp said...

You are such a smartypants! Thanks for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...