Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Blue Floral Crumb Squares - backing done -


After arranging the bits and pieces to fill in the space in the top right corner -



And the bottom left corner -


And a longer one to cover the bit at the top -


Adding the extra from the right corner to fill in the top section on the left side -


This one needed straightening - don't you hate that? - when you don't get a straight cut and need to trim it? - I do - and I want it to at least LOOK straight when I sew it in - so I centered the 1" line in the middle of the little gold squares in the Red and Blue medallions -


Not off by much at the bottom - but off by almost an inch at the top -


And the other side needed straightening, too -



And the Green geometric needed trimming - but not much -


Then I got them all sewn together -


And had the gap at the top - like I knew I would -


So I added the white/gold and got my points looking GOOD -





So - all together - on the floor for it's "glamour shot" -

It's not wonderful - but it's done -

And it used up some odd ball stuff in my stash - so it's all good -


And some close-ups - for your viewing pleasure - LOL - ;))






It's all ready to baste and quilt -

And will be - one of these days - LOL - ;))

Tomorrow I'm going to cut out the RED Squirrel -

And play with the Coins Quilt - ;))

I can show you the progress on the Coins Quilt -

But I want to play with the RED Squirrel "behind the scenes" -

Until I can show you the finished top -

I don't want to "give it away" just yet -

But if my "left-handed" cutting works out -

And I think it will -

It's going to be really pretty -

So wish me luck - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



3 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Love your scrappy back and the fact that a bunch of older fabric got used. Always a good feeling.

Gene Black said...

I love coins quilts. There is so much you can do with them.

You are being such a tease about the red squirrel. It will be fun to finally see what you are doing with it.

Jeanna said...

Those points came out perfect! This backing looks nice.

Can;t wait to see your coins quilt.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...