Sunday, July 29, 2018

RED Squirrel - Border fabric -


Was included in the kit - ;))

I was asked in the comments yesterday if the kit came with enough of the
RED Rose fabric to use as borders as the sample shows -

And the answer is YES -

It comes with the pattern - of course -

And 1-3/4 yards of the ombre stripe -

And 1-3/4 yards of the RED Roses fabric -
for both the insert and the borders -

And another 3/4 yard of the RED Roses fabric -
for the binding -


There is a Peacock version available - HERE -

But I liked the RED one - HERE -

And I was stocking up on needles so I added it to my order.

Free shipping is offered sometimes - but usually on very specific items.

The kit comes with 1-3/4 yd of the ombre stripe -
A 1-3/4 yd cut of the RED Roses -
And another 3/4 yd cut of the RED Roses for binding -
So a total of 4-1/4 yards plus the pattern -

I figured that good quality fabric runs at least $12/yd these days -

And the pattern alone would cost about $10 - HERE-

And it was worth it to me not to have to go shopping -

Especially knowing that I probably wouldn't find anything that I'd like as much -

And would be "settling" for something else - ;))

When I ordered it - the supplier suddenly was out of stock and I had to wait several months for it - but I finally got it - and I think it was worth it -

It's absolutely GORGEOUS in "real" life -

The website photos are pretty accurate as far as color goes -

And NO - I don't have any affiliation with Nancy's Notions -

I just like their stuff - LOL -

And this book might accidentally find its way into my shopping cart next time -

There are some pretty awesome patterns in that book -

Especially now that I know how to do it -

AND how to compensate for being LEFT-Handed - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



2 comments:

Gene Black said...

Hmmmmm I can see bargello squirrels in your future.

Jeanna said...

Going to be a very nice bargello quilt. I like the roses too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...