Sunday, July 22, 2018

The RED Squirrel -


Was right where I left it - LOL - ;))

It didn't take me long at all to find it -

But I'm not sure how much I want to share before I get the top together -

I have to re-read the instructions to make sure I have them straight in my head before I try to "compensate" for being left-handed. I don't want to mess up the cutting because I only have enough fabric to do it once - ;))


So after I found that -

I had an unexpected visitor - ;))

I was sitting at the kitchen island minding my own business -

Grinding some coffee beans (BOB loves her coffee) -

When I heard a noise coming from the fireplace -

I moved the white tables to see if I could figure out what had made the noise -

And I found a bird had flown DOWN my chimney -

And was trapped in my fireplace!! -

Poor little thing!! -

Chances were pretty slim that it knew how to fly back UP the chimney -

So I called for some help -

And we were able to get it out safely -

And watch as it flew out the open back door -

Hopefully NOT back to a nest in my chimney - LOL - ;))

Anyway - after all of that excitement -

My helper went home -

And I finished grinding BOB's coffee beans -

Then sat down and sorted out all of the Batik Squirrel Poop -

Making piles of those that were similar in size -


And setting the longer strips to the side -


I'm not really sure what I want to do with them -

They're all cut the same width -

Well - most of them are -

But there are several different lengths -

So what do you think? -

Coins? -

A funky Jelly Roll Race Quilt? -

Or something else? - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



4 comments:

Gene Black said...

I always like making coin quilts. They are easy but fun.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Looks like a quarter log cabin ready to roll to me.

Katie said...

I see a slightly wonky log cabin happening there. You've already even got the pieces laying there, ready to go! And the long pieces could go on last, making each block a little larger. But that's just me. You and BOB go chase that red squirrel. (Me? I'm gonna go swear at my Chrostmad squirrel a little...after groceries...more on the blog soon!)

Jeanna said...

Oh I'm sure you and BOB can figure out what to do with all that poop but the coin quilt sounds like it will use it all up.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...