Thursday, July 19, 2018

Squirrel's Batik Sister - First block -


Is sashed on the right side and the bottom - ;))

On this one (and the Brother) I started with the block in the bottom right corner -

Sashed the right side - then the bottom -


The rest of the blocks are stacked on my cutting table -

In order according to my little sketch - ;))


I have a sketch with the blocks and sashing and cornerstones all labeled -

So I put them all on the wall according to the sketch -

Flipped the side sashings to the blocks - pinned them right sides together -

Took them off the wall and added them to the pile -

With the first block on the bottom -

And the last block on the top -

That way I can start in the bottom right corner -

And make my way to the top two blocks -

Which need the extra sashing on the top and far left side - ;))

I also pinned the labeled cornerstones to the bottom sashings -

Stitched them together -

And made a pile of those - on my ironing board -

So I can grab the one I need - according to my sketch -

And stitch it to the bottom of the block -

After I sew on the side sashing - ;))

I'm trying to keep BOB quiet -

Because she still wants to chase those other Squirrels -

So I let her and her CDO draw the sketch -

And label the pieces -

And make sure I kept them in order - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



5 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

Yeah, I pin letters and numbers so I get them all in the right place. I love the way that pink works on this second one as well.

Gene Black said...

I am surprised at how the pink makes the blocks sparkle. But, it certainly does. I am not so organized - which could explain why some of my quilts turn out "different."

Frog Quilter said...

Yay for sisters lol. Looking really pretty!

Katie said...

I'm curious about your squirrels...now that I know how this one is going...I'm as bad as BOB...

Jeanna said...

Take it easy BOB...she's almost finished. This is going to be another nice one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...