Sunday, July 15, 2018

Squirrel's Batik Sibling - Sashing - Cut -


And that's about as far as I got -

After I did the MATH - I realized that I would have to piece the sashing between some of the blocks if I cut the strips at 2-1/2" across the width of the fabric. Each block is 24-1/2" wide - and it would be nice if I could get two sashing pieces per strip - but with the fabric at 44" - that wasn't going to happen.

So on to Plan B - what if I "reverse it" and cut the fabric at 24-1/2" long? - Then how many 2-1/2" strips could I get across the width? The answer is 17 - if I'm careful. How many do I need? - 17 - How perfect is that? - So Plan B it is - ;))


How do know I need 17? -

Because I sketched it out -

And counted the number of sashings in the sketch - LOL -

And since I'm also going to use cornerstones -

I cut those - and labeled them - because BOB said so - ;))


BOB has CDO - it's like OCD - but the letters are in alphabetical order like they're supposed to be - LOL -

And BOB's CDO says that I should be able to sew these together and have them look really cool -

If I can keep the sashing strips and the cornerstones in the proper order - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



2 comments:

Katie said...

BOB, I'm gonna wait and see. I was at a quilt show today and they had plastic swimming pools full of scraps, fill a bag for $2. I found some of the floral blue print you can't seem to get rid of and started giggling. If I'd been buying scraps, it would have gone into my bag. But just my mom was and I was being good. Mostly. I'm looking forward to seeing Swoons together!

Jeanna said...

Oh yes, BOB...I can relate :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...