Monday, July 30, 2018

Next up -


While I play with getting the borders on the RED Squirrel -

And while I figure out whether I should try to make a Coins Quilt with the limited number of batiks left over from the Squirrel's Batik Siblings - or whether I should try to do something else with them -

Is this FREE pattern from Timeless Treasures - HERE -
Called Interweave Quilt - designed by Marlous Carter

I'm going to use a set of Tonga Topaz 2-1/2" strips and 5" squares -

And have the strips already paired up -

I think that if I cut the 5" squares into four squares to use in the center section - I wouldn't have to cut so much off each strip and that would leave the "ends" longer - making a larger quilt -

So I'm going to match the squares to the strip pairs next - double check my MATH - then cut them -


This new Squirrel - once I get it cut - should be one of those "pedal to the metal" types - that I can mess with and post about while I attend to "other" business -

And catch up on some of the "chores" that I have been letting slide lately -

They seem to multiply faster than my scraps -

And I didn't think that was possible - LOL - ;))



Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



4 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

Beware ... the squirrels seem to be taking over!

Gene Black said...

Our discussion earlier about the coin quilt really kicked my "philosophical" brain into gear as I was sewing on my coin quilt. So I wrote a piece on "Quilt Rules" and added a page to my blog.

The Tonga Treat quilt is sure to be nice -at least for me, because it is all batiks and I love batiks. The visual texture of a batik always makes me happy.

Jeanna said...

Tonga Treat is a very nice pattern and I imagine it will be a quick finish for you. I love your fabric selections.

Cindy Quilts said...

Can't wait to see it! I love batiks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...