Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Squirrel's Batik Sibling #10 -





I think I told you guys that I chose the Star fabric first on these by finding the shortest Fat Quarter in the set of three - because the Star requires the least amount of fabric -

So the center square and the Star points were already determined in this set - as they are in all of the other ones - even though you can barely see them in this one -

It was a toss-up until the very end of the cutting as to which one of the other two was going to be the Color and which one was going to be the Background -

The background needs an additional 4 sets of mirror-image HST for the wings on the Flying Geese in the middle sections - so I generally cut them from the longest set of strips left -

When I got to the end - I had the same amount of both fabrics - so I flipped a mental coin - and decided to go with the Blue as the Color and the blendy one for the Background - not realizing just how blendy it would be next to the Star fabrics - but - oh, well -

Besides - the Background on the one before this one was Blue - so I thought it should appear in at least one block as the Color -

Like I told Julie in an email -
It's already interesting to me how different they all are - depending on the fabric and where it appears in the block. NEXT time I'm going to try to work with some that actually "go together" - ;))

Right now I have 8 of them on the left wall in the hallway - I have #9 on the wall in my "Studio" which will be moved to the wall on the right when I replace it with #10 in a little while. I still have 2 more to go - then I'll see if I can figure out which ones "go" with some of the others. Who knows - I might wind up with 12 orphans - LOL - ;))


Talk to you later - gotta go - gotta sew -



4 comments:

Katie said...

The next one...ha ha ha ha ha...not gonna make Swoon, she says...

Gene Black said...

The "next one" --hey SQUIRREL!!!!
I like the way the fabrics blend on this.

Barb said...

It is amazing how blocks take on their own personality. Can't wait to see more or what is on the wall in your hall.

Jeanna said...

It is going to be interesting to see these put together. They are all very different yet the same.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...